One of my goals before leaving on our RTW trip was to get a pictorial book out about the bike ride and I am happy to say with only 2 days before we leave it’s finished!
It’s free for Kindle Prime users!
Publication Date: June 28, 2012
While fulfilling one of his life goals of bicycling coast to coast, Dustin Orrick captures the incredible beauty of the United States in this pictorial travel book. With over 700 color images taken during this epic journey in 2011, the book documents his experiences of crossing the country from Virginia to Oregon by touring bike on the Adventure Cycling Association TransAmerica bicycle trail.
My Thoughts on the Process
- It was nice that it is free and easy to publish even without a ISBN number and the ISBN system is severely outdated
- The formatting that you are forced to use is very boring and not great for pictures, but works across all Kindle devices
- You don’t really get to set your own pricing and royalty rate due to “delivery costs” based on the book file size
- I would do it again and plan to figure out how to publish to the other eBooks sites
- You can get started on Kindle here – http://kdp.amazon.com