Well it seems we are well on our way to checking off our New Year resolutions and have what is likely to be our biggest announcement to date!
What does this mean for our future Adventures? Well I like to think it will only enhance them.
We haven’t lived within the bounds of “normal” lives up to this point so just because we are having a kid doesn’t mean we have to immediately move to the the Burbs for the good school districts and cookie cutter homes (not that there is anything wrong with that as we reserve the right to do that later). We hope to be those parents that expose their kids to experiences that others may find out of the ordinary and that continue to go along with our goals and ideals of living. Even before having kids we have taken inspiration from travelers like:
- Family on Bikes – Family of 4 cycled from Alaska to Argentina
- A Kings Life – Friends of our friends showing us how to do it
- EscapeArtistes & 1Dad1Kid – Single parents Traveling with kid in tow
- yTravelBlog – One of the larger family blogs we know
- Traveling 9 to 5 – Recently announced their expectancy
- Know of some others you would recommend?
As in many times in life I have turned to my big brother (a father of 3) for advice in guidance and to quote his feedback ~ “Kids don’t slow you down they enhance the experience, you want to take them to places you already have seen just so you can enjoy their reactions to places you loved”. So with that in mind there may be a few repeats of destinations but not experiences and who knows maybe another RTW down the road.