After looking into it we realize we need a lot of shots and some take up to 6 months for the full series, hmmm….
To give you an idea the CDC recommends:
Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR), Diphtheria, Pertussis, Tetanus (DPT), Polio-virus, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis A, Typhoid, Malaria, Yellow Fever, Japanese Encephalitis, Polio, and Rabies
The Visas are fairly straight forward except for countries that require you have proof of onward travel prior to entering the country.
Some tips for onward travel found at Living the Dream RTW blog:
- Notarized letter from your bank that proves you have sufficient funds to return home
- Detailed official itinerary showing your travel plans
- Book a cheap transferable to refundable bus ticket to the next country
- Don’t give border agents any reason to deny you entry: be respectful, polite, & look presentable
- Show your next booked airline ticket even if it’s not for the country your in
- If you don’t have a problem lying create faux looking tickets, don’t make the mistake of lying to your own airline carrier showing you have future tickets with them
For the full list of shots and visa requirements per country checkout the PDF