Recently I sat down and compiled our official list of things we need to get done in order for us to begin this new chapter in our lives. What has become apparent is we really need to nail down our departure date and make that first one way ticket airline purchase. As Mr. RTW said to me the other day…”once we make the flight purchase, this will become real and we can really start preparing”. In the meantime I am anxious to get this going…researching as much as possible what needs to be done.
So without further ado…here is our grand list we need to have completed before we leave on that jetplane! Yikes!
- Solidify Itinerary- Purchase departure flight
- Research Visas (difficult countries such as Russia and China)
- Get Passport Photos taken for Visas en route
- Open new Bank account/Credit Cards (geared for International Travelers)
- Mrs. RTW Finish Vaccinations (Yellow Fever, Typhoid, Polio, 2nd Hep A shot), Mr. RTW (2nd, 3rd Hep shots)
- Get Medical/Travel Insurance figured out
- International Driver Permits through AAA
- Scan/Email/Copy Important Documents
- Clean out house- sell items not wanting to store
- Sell House
- Sell Automobiles
- Figure out Storage for what we keep, Storage Unit pricing/Size
- Anti-Malarial meds (Check countries)
- Mail Fwd’ing
- Order Business Cards for Blog
- Dog- Annual Vet Appointment/Sentinel meds x 1 year, finalize arrangements for his stay with family
- Living Wills
- Follow up MD Appointments- Dentist, Eye, etc.
- Update Resumes/LinkedIn Accounts
- Inform Employers
- Cancel Cell phone service
- Finalize Packing List
- Figure out Filing Taxes while away
What else are we missing?